Supporting Our Sustainably Managed FarmlandPresented by
In 2021, Trust for Nature secured funding from the Lord Mayor's Charitable Foundation to collaborate on an innovative project: Protecting our Sustainably Managed Farmland. The project, also supported by the McLeod Family Foundation, identifies a number of permanent protection and collective ownership models that can secure important peri-urban landscapes threatened by encroaching development, and support new and young farmers seeking access to sustainably managed farmland. A feature of the project is the real-world case study in the context of the establishment of the Natural Agriculture Community by project partner Cassinia Environmental, in Rokewood, Victoria.
- Joel Orchard, Founder and Coordinator, Young Farmers Connect
- Annemaree Docking, Principal, PlanItRural / Proprietor, Dalhousie Farm
- Linda Martin-Chew, Principal, PlanItRural
- Cecilia Riebl, Policy Advisor, Trust for Nature
- Nick Rose, Executive Director, Sustain: The Australian Food Network
- Rohan Clarke, Ethical Fields / Regen Farmers Mutual
- Andrew Ward, Ethical Fields / Regen Farmers Mutual
- Ash Knop, Cassinia Environmental
At this concluding event, the project partners will present their key findings and recommendations from the year-long collaboration. They will be joined by presentations from two pieces of complementary research, funded by the McLeod Family Foundation and conducted in collaboration with Sustain: the Australian Food Network.
This event has already taken place.
For more information about this past event, visit events.humanitix.com/protecting-and-supporting-our-sustainably-managed-farmland
Or contact the event host: