Melbourne Food Hub Farm Tours: Dalhousie Farm & Remi's PatchPresented by
Get to know the farmers who feed you!
Valuing the food that we eat starts from knowing where it came from. That means knowing who grew it, how it was grown, and what it takes to get it from paddock to plate.
At this farm tour, we'll take you out to Willowmavin, about an hour north of Melbourne, to meet the farmers behind Dalhousie Farm & Remi's Patch--two of our core suppliers for our Grow / Source / Eat fruit and veggie parcel program.
We're big fans of both farmers because they work hard to not only produce fresh, nutrient-rich food, but also because they use farming practices that sow care and kindness back into the soil.
You'll get a hands-on intro to bio-intensive farming from Remi of Remi's Patch, complete with the chance to harvest your own organic veg to take home. Annemaree of Dalhousie Farms will introduce you to her hundreds of happy hens, explaining her chooks' give-and-take relationship with the land. She'll also have tea and cake available for everyone, and a fire pit burning if it's cold!
- Transport to and from the farms, starting and ending in Alphington
- A tour of the farms by the growers: Learn about bio-intensive organic farming, pick your own produce, meet hundreds of happy hens, and gather around a fire if the weather calls for it
- Light snacks (Lunch will not be included but we will be stopping at a cafe where you can purchase food + drinks! You're also welcome to BYO food, of course)
What To Bring
- Warm clothes and closed shoes
- Water bottle
- Produce bag and cash for farm gate shopping
- Sunscreen and a hat
- 9:15 - Assemble at the Alphington train station parking lot
- 9:30 - Departure from Alphington. Please be on time! It's a tight schedule and we want to make sure you can make the most of the day
- 10:30 - Farm tours and activities
- 1:30 - Departure from Willowmavin
- Along the way: Community lunch pitstop! You'll have time to buy lunch or eat what you brought, sit down as a group and discuss what we learned together.
- 4:00 - Arrival back at Alphington
*This is a walking tour on working farms. Unfortunately that means it's not suitable for young children or persons requiring assistance.
A Note on Ticket Prices
- Full-priced tickets cost $97.88. These tickets help fund our Community-Supported slots, which are available to those who are keen to come along but are not able to afford the full price.
- Concession/Community-Supported cost $72.25. If you're keen to come but can't afford to pay full price. No explanation, concession cards or proof needed.
- Sustain members and Grow / Source / Eat subscribers get a 10% discount. Email Arianna at firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem your code.
This event has already taken place.
For more information about this past event, visit events.humanitix.com/melbourne-food-hub-farm-tours-dalhousie-farm-and-remi-s-patch
Or contact Melbourne Food Hub: