The Hills Food Frontier’s (THFF) vision is that the Dandenong Ranges will be an inspirational, sustainable food destination in Australia. THFF is a volunteer based incorporated association that inspires, mobilises and equips the Hills community to choose, grow, share and eat good food.
The Dandenong Ranges will be an inspirational, sustainable food destination in Australia
The Hills Food Frontier (THFF) is a volunteer based incorporated association that inspires, mobilises and equips the Hills community to choose, grow, share and eat good food.
- Acknowledges that the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation are the traditional owners of the land upon which we meet
- Committed to the Dandenong Ranges region becoming known for good food eating, growing, learning and sharing.
- Based on community development principles
- Consultative and inclusive and works with a grassroots approach
- Positively supports members to use and develop their skills.
- Members and office bearers respect and encourage creativity and innovation
- Supports diversity and difference
- Good Food Growing: by supporting and developing food gardens and forests in the community, engaging schools, businesses, local community, residents, and accessing unused land and utilising creative spaces.
- Good Food Eating: by promoting local good food cafes and restaurants, sharing what good food activities already exist, developing and facilitating gatherings /festivals, demonstrations, and including local businesses.
- Good Food Promotion: by using social media, website, flyers, noticeboards, word of mouth, networking, newsletters, presentations and use of and local media.
- Good Food Learning: by developing and promoting educational sessions and resources focused on growing and eating good food.