We are seeking applications to join our food business incubator Food Business Boost!
What is Food Business Boost?
Food Business Boost is a small food business incubator for women facing barriers to entrepreneurship and employment.
Who is it For?
Women from CALD, migrant and refugee backgrounds experiencing disadvantages and challenges in accessing mainstream employment and small business development opportunities.
What Will You Get Out of It?
- Tailored food business education and training
- Branding support from concept to labelling
- Food product development including shelf-life extension and testing
- Marketing, sales, and logistics support including guaranteed sales channels
- Culturally appropriate personal and business mentoring
- Food business registration including name registration
- Letter of recommendation and certificate of completion
- A network of supporters and further pathways
- A food product and business that are ready to launch!
What You Need
- A great food product idea and aspirations to run your own food business
- To be available on Mondays as well as one additional day per week for homework
- An intermediate level of verbal and written English, or somebody who is able to assist you
- Friday, August 6 Applications open
- Monday, August 18 Information session
- Sunday, August 22 Applications close at 11pm
- Tuesday, August 25 Successful applicants notified
- Monday, August 30 Classes start
- Monday, November 22 Product Launch
How to Apply
You can apply by completing the expression of interest form here. From there, shortlisted applications will be invited to the information session.
- Selection Criteria: Applicants will be selected with the following criteria.
- Financial Contribution: No immediate financial recruitment is required, however should your business require more than the services we provide to launch, you may need to contribute a small amount.
- Number of Places: We will accept two businesses for this program.
Please contact Madeline Tolson by emailing email@example.com.